- Robin: Well listeners at home might like to know that this programme is heard in various countries all over the world. And I thought it was time I chatted them up in their own languages. Well it'll be nice for them, and if he's listening it won't half shake that clever dick neighbour of mine. Now let's see, in German - guten arbend meine damen und herren. Spain - buenas noches seÃ±oras y seÃ±ores. France - bonsoir monsieur, bonsoir madame.
- Pertwee: Err, Mr Boyle, Sir, announcer of this parish. What are you going to do when you get to the Chinese version?
- Robin: Well that's easy, China - a full portion of 24, half of 45 and happy chopsticks for one, spoon and fork for the other, to you.
- Pertwee: In' it flaming marvellous?
- Povey: Mr Boyle do you think we could get on? My dear wife Ramona and I are rather busy you know?
- Robin: Of course, yes, I'd forgotten that the Poveys are moving to a new house the day after tomorrow, and Henry Povey, Captain of this parish, has copped the job of packing up all the cups and saucers and the plates. (FX of crockery smashing)