- Michael: Has your past ever caught up with you? Like the evening you came home from the office and your wife says 'Oh I took your other suit to the dry cleaners today and guess what I found in one of the pockets?' After a three second pause your mind boggles it's way through the lady's garter you innocently got handed during Postman's Knock at the office party and you can't remember giving back, the stubs of two cinema tickets for a film she didn't go to, and she'll never believe you went with Fred one afternoon to sleep off the lunchtime booze up, and the utterly disgusting words of that rugby song it seemed to be a good idea to copy down on the back of that envelope at the time. And come to think of it, what the hell was in that envelope?
- Phillips: Ha, ha, ha, ha. My past caught up with me once. My yo-yo got caught round a lady's ankle in the greengrocers.
- Pertwee: What's this got to do with your past catching up with you, Mr Phillips?
- Phillips: Well it caught up with me two days later when her husband came round and bashed me before I could explain that I wasn't doing what he thought I was. Has your past ever caught up with you, Chief?
- Pertwee: Oh, yes on many an occasion, Sir. I... (clears throat) err... carry on Mr De Morgan.
- Michael: Thank you. However, all these incidents pale in comparison with the past that's going to catch up with Captain Povey in his office, anytime now.
|Navy Lark Season 12|
|The Put-A-Horse-Out-To-Graze Fund I Impressions For Survival I The Beard-Growing Race I The Mysterious Radio Signals I Operation Recovery I The Slogan Contest I Sir Willoughby at Shanghai I Operation Cowes Barge I Number One's Anniversary I The Loch Ness Monster I The Forbodian Attaché|